THE LAST OF US FILTHY SHIRT.
And how to make: (Click on each photo for an explanation)
YOU WILL NEED!
- A shirt, any colour works, what would you be wearing when an outbreak hits? Just try to avoid super dark colours since grime doesn’t show as good (Black, dark dark navy blue, and really dark greens)
- A bucket
- Some dirt
- The heat of the sun/hairdryer/blowtorch if you’re hardcore
- A brush
- A corse toothed file
TIPS AND TRICKS!
Don’t be afraid to get dirty, you’ll have great fun getting mud everywhere and it will add to the authenticity of the finished cosplay :)
- If you’re wearing the shirt out to a con, don’t coat the INSIDE of the armpits with mud, trust me if you get mud or sand into a pore under your arm and it gets inflamed its AGONY trust me, its happened before and it sucks, Just lay off putting anything ‘dirt’ inside the armpits of the shirt, if it soaks through a little bit you’ll be fine but if you’ve got caked mud and sand in there CLEAN IT OUT!
- GRUNGING! Feel free to jump on your shirt, throw it around a bit.. I actually wore mine and rolled around a bit on the floor before hand, it sounds dumb but it helps give you an idea of what parts are going to be most worn :)
- FILING! Don’t go too mad with the file haha, if you were to sit down the part of your shirt that touches the ‘ground’ is normally the back, therefor its prone to get the most dirty, so take a little more extra care when filing it down :)
- COLLARS! If you’re cutting a collar, before hand mark where your collar bone is with a pencil and with a RAZOR slice just the first layer of fabric, most collars on tshirts are stitched 2ply, (1 piece of fabric stitched folded over so its more durable) Just slice the part where it folds over and you’ll have a really convincing collar tear, bear in mind, the tear shouldn’t be any larger than your thumbnail :) See top pic for reference
Well thats it, I hope I didn’t miss anything any questions just ask me here
Endure and survive.